Gutenberg is about to ship in WordPress 5.0 sometime in April 2018 (as per Matt's estimate). If you are a plugin developer or a theme developer, you need to start exploring Gutenberg and make your theme and/or plugin compatible with it. And of course, there are tons of new opportunities for "GutenBlocks" out there. I have tried to curate the best resources out there to get you started on Gutenberg Development. And I will make sure to keep this guide updated in future as new resources come out.
Official Gutenberg Guides & Resources
- Gutenberg Handbook
- Gutenberg Plugin
- Gutenberg Theme
- Gutenberg Github Repo
- Editor Technical Overview
- Official WordPress Slack Channel ( follow channel #core-editor )
Gutenberg Development Tutorials & Courses
- Gutenberg Development Course by Zac Gordon. ( paid course )
Tools To Help with Gutenberg Development
- Official Example Gutenberg Plugin with custom Blocks.
- Generate Blocks with WP-CLI
- Boilerplate Demo Plugin by Zac Gordon
- WordPress Gutenberg Boilerplate by Ahmad Awais
- A zero-configuration toolkit for building Gutenberg block plugins by Ahmad Awais
Other Useful Gutenberg Resources
- Getting Ready for Gutenberg. A community-driven initiative to help users and developers prepare for Gutenberg.
- Frontberg brings Gutenberg to the front end. you to try Gutenberg without logging in or installing the plugin. Just visit & play.
If you know of any other good resource or tool to help WordPress developers Please tell us about it @gutenberghub on twitter.