- Redesigned the header area of the editor for clarity—groups content actions in the
left,and post action in the right.
- Initial REST API infrastructure for reusable global blocks.
- Group block settings (delete, inspector, edit HTML) on an ellipsis button.
- Added new reusable Dropdown component.
- Show frequently used blocks in the inserter shortcuts (at the bottom of the post).
- Offer option for the button block to clear content.
- Refactor block toolbar component in preparation for some iterations (docked toolbar, for example).
- Allow partial URLs in link input.
- Avoid using state for tracking arrow key navigation in WritingFlow to prevent re-renders.
- Improve mobile header after design cleanup.
- Add focusReturn for Dropdown component.
- Updated Audio block markup to use figure element.
- Removed transition on multi-select affecting the perception of speed of the interaction.
- Show Gallery block description even if there are no images.
- Persist custom class names.
- Merge initialization actions into a single action.
- Fix scroll position when reordering blocks.
- Fix case where the responsive treatment of the header area was hiding valuable actions.
- Fix focus styles on the inserter.
- Fix submenu visibility issue for certain users.
- Cleanup no longer used code.
useOnceblock API feature.
Originally posted at make.wordpress.org here.