Gutenberg is expected to ship in WordPress 5.0. The release dates for WordPress 5.0 has been announced officially. If you are a WordPress user and have WordPress websites you should start exploring Gutenberg today. Even though you will be able to disable Gutenberg with a plugin, but that won’t benefit you in the long run.
Gutenberg will be included in WordPress core as a default editor. Almost every other plugin and theme developers out there will do best to make their plugins & theme compatible with Gutenberg. And you will see a ton of awesome new Gutenberg addon plugins & themes in the near future which you will wish to use. So ultimately you will have to use Gutenberg (WP default editor) sometime later.
Concerns about Gutenberg & WordPress 5.0
Now I know you may have a lot of concerns about what happens when the Gutenberg will ship with WordPress 5.0. Such as:
- What If I wish to use the old editor?
- Will Gutenberg break my WordPress website?
- Will Gutenberg support meta boxes such as ACF, etc?
- Will Gutenberg work with my custom post type?
- Will Shortcodes work with Gutenberg?
- Will Gutenberg work with my theme?
- Is Gutenberg a page builder?
- and more…
Fortunately, there is a great piece of article by TinyMCE, discussing all those concerns. I must suggest you read through this post here to find out answers to your concerns. I know that is not official, but very logical and authentic.
Official Gutenberg User Guides & Resources
I am not aware really of an official guide on how to use Gutenberg at the moment. The only official resource you may follow is the Make WordPress Core blog. I will make sure to update this if any official Gutenberg guide/resource comes out.
Gutenberg Tutorials & Courses for Users
We curate the best Gutenberg Tutorials from around the web, please visit the Gutenberg User Tutorials category to browse all the great tutorials curated.
Latest 10 tutorials from the Gutenberg Tutorials category.
- How To Convert Existing WordPress Posts to Gutenberg Blocks
- How to Create Gutenberg Templates
- FREE Gutenberg Course: WordPress 5 Essential Training
- 3 Tools to create custom Gutenberg WordPress Blocks visually
- 20 Things You Might Not Know About Gutenberg WordPress Editor
- 5+ Top Gutenberg Courses for Users and Developers
- Will Gutenberg Affect Your Website’s SEO?
- The Gutenberg Complexity Fallacy
- How to Add an Image to A Paragraph Block in Gutenberg
- 10 Helpful Gutenberg Editor Tips And Tricks
If you know of any other good resource to help WordPress users Please tell us about it @gutenberghub on twitter.